Tabb Strong

Tabb Strong

https://wtkr.com/2019/10/29/booster-club-to-sell-shirts-honoring-teens-killed-in-york-co-crash/

Justice Thomas

October 26, 2019 on the night of Tabb’s homecoming, three Tabb students named Logan Koontz, Conner Guido, and Naile Tairov lost their lives in a tragic car accident. All of the community poured in to respect and honor the boys’ lives at a candle lightning to celebrate their lives. Schools around the division also held prayers on the following Monday in their gyms. Students around YCSD also wore white to respect the boys the following Monday. There was also the visitation of all the boy’s funerals by close friends.

The Grafton Athletic Booster Club partnered up with Tabb to honor the three students by selling Tabb Strong t-shirts. The shirts were selling for $15. “I think the shirts show support for the families and friends of the boys that passed away and also how much the boys and their families were loved in the community,” said Vice President of the Booster Club Shannon Davis. “And I think the shirts are important to students as a way to show support and remember their friends that passed away,” she continued. Unfortunately, as of now, the shirts are not for sale anymore.

Schools, including Grafton, had made posters for the boys and hung them throughout their hallways. “I think the posters were beautifully made and a really good thought,” freshman Valerie Lora said. There was also a paper you could sign your name on in the cafeteria. Freshman Melanie Velez signed it, “I signed it because it was just my way of showing respect to those boys and their families.”