Dodge Ball Tournament

Grafton+held+a+fundraiser+on+May+17th+to+help+raise+awareness+for+the+Natasha+House.+As+students+go+head+to+head+competing+for+first+place+in+the+dodgeball+tournament.+Students+had+fun+playing+with+their+friends+against+other+teams.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Dodge Ball Tournament

Grafton held a fundraiser on May 17th to help raise awareness for the Natasha House. As students go head to head competing for first place in the dodgeball tournament. Students had fun playing with their friends against other teams.

Whitney Cataldo

Whitney Cataldo

Whitney Cataldo

Lexi Holmes, Staff

This year, the Leadership class put together a fundraiser for the Natasha House.  They decided to run a Dodge Ball Tournament, including all grades.  Grafton has not participated in a dodge ball tournament, so this was a new way to help bring the school together.  Students can choose if they want to play, and if they do then can choose their team and team name.  It is completely optional to the students to play.  It is three dollars to play with a team, three dollars to watch, or one dollar to watch with a donation.  It is held on May 17th, from 7-9 pm at Grafton.

“The best part I liked during the dodgeball tournament was the amount of competition within each team” said, player, Ryan Jeon.

The Natasha House is where homeless women and children stay until they build self sufficiency.  “Natasha” meaning New Alternative Toward A Secure Home Atmosphere.  It teaches them to live on their own, maintain stability, and maintain a household.  The founder, Pastor Delores Borum, seeks a safe house for women and children to start a life.  It welcomes women who have issues with drugs and/or alcohol, domestic violence, women with child restrictions, etc.  The Natasha House helps women become independent and make the right choices throughout the rest of their life or career.

“It was exciting because I had a fun time with friends and it brought awareness to an important cause” stated, player, Samantha Stafford.