Preparing for AP Exams

AP Classes, through College Board, can help students save money by taking classes in high school to avoid taking them in college.

College Board

Haley Fowler, Photography Editor

Students begin to study hard in preparation for the quickly approaching AP exams. AP exams start May 7 and last until May 17. It’s important for students to get a high score on their exams so they can apply it towards college credit. Some students only take one exam, but others take multiple. Many students begin studying for their AP exams weeks before the actual test. On the other hand, there are many who procrastinate and wait until the night before to try and cram all the knowledge in. Either way, students work hard in order to take these tests.

AP exams come with a lot of stress and sometimes it can be difficult to focus on anything else. “I’m taking four AP tests. My preparation involves trying to keep myself from stressing as much as possible. Honestly, I’m just trying not to think about it too much,” senior Katharine Lewis said.

Many students take a minimalistic approach when it comes to studying and preparing for their exams. “I’m not sure how I’m going to prepare. I’ll probably just look over all of my notes,” freshman Noah Fowler said.

Other students go to review sessions, watch educational review videos, make flashcards, go to study groups, and even make creative ways to study for their exams. AP exams are hard, strenuous, and a lot of work but they can be worth it in the long run. Many exams can transfer over to college and get students out of certain classes, which can save a lot of money. “I’ve taken five exams so far and I’m taking three more this year. I think that even though the classes are difficult and it requires a lot of studying, it’s nothing compared to the cost or workload of a college course. I think it pays off in the end,” senior Carrie Frecker said.

About the Writer
Haley Fowler, Photography Editor

Haley loves playing lacrosse and has been playing since fourth grade. She also enjoys watching Netflix, especially The Office because it's so funny.