Something in the Water Music Festival

Something In The Water logo taken from their facebook page.

Google Images

Alyssa Richards, Staff

As many of you know, here in the Hampton Roads we don’t have many big music events.  The city of Virginia Beach will be hosting a music festival beginning Friday, April 26th thru Sunday.  The Venue opens at 2:00 PM EST on Friday April 26th, 12:00 PM EST on Saturday April 27th and 12:00PM EST on Sunday, April 28th.  The show will take place in the rain if needed.  There are no plans to cancel if weather is rainy.

More information about event parking is coming soon and will be posted on the Something in the Water Website shortly.  The event will be very accessible to guests with wheelchairs or motorized scooters, making this an event for all ages. The festival website says there should be no personal golf carts allowed.  Service animals are also allowed at the event but only service animals.  Any service animal whose task is to provide protection, emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship, is not considered a service animal and will not be allowed into the venue.  All service animals must remain by the handler’s side at all times and must be harnessed.

The festival will include ATM’s, accessible bathrooms, first aid, and Special Dietary Needs.  Something In The Water Festival will have food vendors that provide gluten-free options.

The artists preforming Friday include: Lil Uzi Vert, Pharrel Williams, Migos, Diplo, The Dave Matthew’s Band, and Janelle Monáe

Saturday: Travis Scott, SZA, Mac Demarco, John-Robert, Masego, and special guest, Missy Elliott

Sunday: Chris Brown, Charlie Wilson, DRAM, Jhené Aiko, and special guest DIDDY

As of April 23th parking options include:

• 9th Street Garage
  • 19th Street Municipal Lot
  • 25th Street Garage
  • 31st Street Garage
  • 34th Street Garage

These options may require the use of a trolley to get closer.  The service is daily from 8am until 2am with 15 minute waits.   

Adult Single-Trip $2.00
Discounted Fare Single-Trip* $1.00
Children* FREE
Certified Paratransit Users* FREE
GoPass 1 Day $4.50
GoPass 1 Day (DF) $2.25

The ocean front will have many activities open available other then just the music.  At the Corner of 24th + Atlantic, come join Adidas as they transform the 24th Street beach park into Creator Park with a tailor-made basketball court on the beach, customized adilette slide station, adidas #TLKS session, and dance workshops + dance crew competition lead by Pharrell’s celebrity choreographer, JaQuel Knight.

EVENTS: (all event hours are on the website) https://www.somethinginthewater.com/

-Sony has teamed up with SOMETHING IN THE WATER to bring the best of Sony technology, music, movies  and gaming to the heart of Virginia Beach.  This will be at the Corner of 19th & Pacific thru April 28th.

-Uber Eats has teamed up with some of Virginia Beach’s favorite local restaurants to give out complimentary treats throughout the festival. Snag free Eats from Taste, Bad Ass Coffee, Tupelo Honey, Sugar Shack Donuts and Panda Express at the Uber Eats Window. Check out the Uber Eats app for times and more information.  This will be available all weekend long at the Corner of Atlantic and 7th Avenues.

-Step Outside and into the Timberland Pop Up Park to relax and recharge. A larger-than-life Timberland Classic Boot drops in on the Something in the Water festival nestled within a 3500-square foot natural earth oasis featuring living trees native to Virginia Beach.  This will be located at the Corner of 17th & Pacific.

-The BBicecream chill zone features a customized ice cream truck offering classic frozen and icee treats.  This is located at the Boardwalk between 6th and 7th Avenues and will be available all weekend.

About the Writer
Alyssa Richards, Staff

Alyssa enjoys discovering new music and making new friends. When she's with her friends, she's always smiling and laughing.