Boys Basketball Game v. Tabb

Back to Article
Back to Article

Boys Basketball Game v. Tabb

Kale Green was on offense against Tabb.

Kale Green was on offense against Tabb.

Ryan Jeon

Kale Green was on offense against Tabb.

Ryan Jeon

Ryan Jeon

Kale Green was on offense against Tabb.

Lexi Holmes, Staff

The season is quickly coming to an end for the boys basketball team!  They are currently 16-3, and #2 in the district.  On Friday, February 1st, the varsity boys basketball team played Tabb for the second time.  The first time we played Tabb, we took an unfortunate loss with the ending score, 61-45.  The game against Tabb was a tough game for the Clippers.  To help support the team, many students were decked out in red at the game.  Throughout the entire game, the score was very close.  The final score was 49-53.

“We played really hard, just couldn’t get the defensive stops we needed.  Personally, I played alright but didn’t get enough rebounds to help us win. I’m proud of how we fought and never gave in”  stated Andrew Shartzer.

The team was disappointed that they did not end with the outcome they wished for, but the athletes played their hardest.  In the beginning Grafton was taking the lead but unfortunately Tabb played hard in the fourth quarter.  The crowd, including parents, families, cheerleaders, and many students, cheered in excitement supporting the players.  The game was important because it determined who was Bay River District Champs.

“I played hard, but when you lose as a team you always look for improvement.  Also, I could of been more offensively aggressive to match my defense intensity” said Kale Green.

For the varsity boys basketball team, there is only one more game held at Grafton, against Lafayette.  In total, they have two games left for the season, not including playoffs.