Amazing AirPods?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Amazing AirPods?

What Apple's official AirPods, look like compared to an off brand

Christian de Looper

Christian de Looper

Christian de Looper

Sarah Goble, Staff

Are AirPods the perfect set of headphones or are they way overpriced? Ever since Christmas, AirPods have been more popular then ever. Mainly around Instagram, there have been funny memes and posts about how people with AirPods have more class than those with wired headphones. Ever since the release of AirPods in 2016 they’ve been popular, but seeing that more people are starting to purchase them, they’re starting to get more attention since their original release.

You can see for yourself in the hallways if you look close enough, many of the students are wearing them or using them. If bought at the Apple store or online on Amazon, they cost about $159. Sure, there are off brands that are cheaper and look similar to Apple’s official AirPods, but the quality and battery life could be entirely different. Some of the off brands are very different in size comparison and battery life. Now if you don’t want to spend that much money, you can buy a pair of wired headphones for about $25 as sold officially by Apple. Of course you can buy the older headphones with the original 3.5 millimeter jack, but with the newer iPhones Apple is releasing, they most likely not work unless you purchase a separate lightning to headphone jack connector so that you’re able to use them. It’s still up for debate whether or not if they’re worth the price in the long run, multiple videos on YouTube have been posted about these headphones offering their opinion on whether or not they’re worth the money if you’re thinking about purchasing them.

One of the many reasons they’re so popular is for the simplicity of the headphones. Not having to worry about cords getting tangled or the wires breaking is quite a relief to some. Many people love the portable charging case for the headphones because they don’t have to worry about having to recharge the headphones every 4-6 hours. Grafton students have said that because AirPods are wireless, it is the main reason they’ve purchased them. There were a few other reasons, but those were in relation to them for no common reasons.

┬áLisa Cao(Freshman) says “I like that I’m able to charge my phone and be able to leave it behind and I’m still able to hear what’s playing or if I’m on a call with someone, I can still hear what they’re saying.”

Matthew Tyrrel(Freshman) said ” I like that I don’t have to worry about wires getting caught on this and that or that the wire could potentially become damaged.”

Jacob Gillis(Freshman) said “I like that I’m able to have the portable charging case for the AirPods so that I don’t have to worry about finding an outlet to charge them.”

The AirPods are one of the most popular set of wired headphones in comparison to other big brands like Beats and more. If you’re ever wondering about purchasing these wireless headphones, be sure to do your research and start saving your money now.