Senior of the Month- January

January 21, 2019

The Senior of Month for January is Nathan Hass.

“They called me to the office without context so I thought I had somehow gotten in trouble.  Once I got into Mrs. Cataldo’s office, she told me why I was down there and I was relieved but shocked.  I did not expect to receive that honor,” says Nathan.

“One thing I’ll always remember from high school will be MC-ing the pep rally.  It was awesome to feel the energy of the whole student body collectively in one place and being able to experience it.” Nathan paired with Haley Sutton during his senior year for the Winter Pep Rally and were chosen as the Master of Ceremonies.

“My favorite teacher so far is probably Mrs. Deberry.  She really helps students to understand material and build relationships with her students.  She also relates to the students and helps with outside of class problems,” says Nathan.

“It’s really hard to balance everything I am involved in.  Between Boy scouts, Club Soccer, Varsity Sports, Honor Societies, Youth Leadership team, Band and my classes, I don’t have a lot of time.  I’ve learned to budget the time I do have efficiently.  The biggest thing I have found is getting my work done early instead of waiting til the last minute,” says Nathan

“This year I’m doing Club Soccer, Indoor Track, and planning on playing Soccer for the school this spring.” Nathan says he does high jumps and sprinting in Track.

“My goals after high school is to go to college and earn my major in biology,” says Nathan. His top choices of college are Cornell University, Duke University, and Virginia Tech. Nathan hopes to go straight into medical school and become a doctor.

About the Writer
Photo of Alyssa Richards
Alyssa Richards, Staff 2018-2019

Alyssa enjoys discovering new music and making new friends. When she's with her friends, she's always smiling and laughing.