Team of the Month-January

Back to Article
Back to Article

Team of the Month-January

Freshman Isabell Malave-Norman takes the baton from freshman Allison Teubert.

Candid Color

Candid Color

Candid Color

Mia Young, Staff

For the start of the new year the team of the month for January is the girls track team.  The team has overcome many accomplishments in the start of their season and still continue to progress. They were chosen to be the team of the month because they have had a very successful season so far  and have numerous state qualifiers across sprint, distance, and field events.   So far the team has had three meets and have several more to come that will most likely result in more state qualifying times. Some of the state qualifiers are, Alison Kenney, Alexa Daley , and Maya Caden.

The team has won their first district meet and continue to do better each time because of how hardworking and dedicated they are to the sport. Everyone on the team wants to better themselves and their teammates everyday, which creates a good bond and a great environment to reach success in the season.

“The teams goal for this season is to run fast and have fun! But also we want to build a solid foundation for the upcoming years by developing the underclassmen runners. We have some great talent coming up that will be exciting to watch in the years to come.” said, Alison Kenney.

If you wanted to watch the girl indoor track meet, the upcoming BRD meet is on, January 15th at Boo Williams.  Also, the next Exclusive Invitational meet is January 25th and 26th at Saint Christopher’s High School.

“Overall, I enjoy running track and I am running at the BRD meet on January 15th.  I sprint the 300 meters.”  stated Mya Moore.

Kamora Ricks, Madison Fell, Olivia Hall , Ashanti Brantley waited for their races to begin while watching the competition.