Remembering Stan Lee

Nathan Hensley, Staff

On November 12, 2018, the devastating news of Stan Lee’s death was put out. He was an army veteran, and changed the comic book industry. He was a co-founder of Marvel, and majorly influenced pop culture with his superhero creations.

“He was a really good person,” junior Tristan Jenkins said. Lee’s creations have changed pop culture. People grow up watching these heroes and enjoy them. Lee’s comic books, as well as movies inspired from them, have brightened childhoods since they’ve existed. They’ve inspired many people, and have given children characters to idolize.

“My favorite is the Hulk. He’s a beast and won’t take anything from anyone,” Jenkins said. Everyone has a hero that inspires them the most. Whether it’s a web-slinging spider, a Wakandan king, or a soldier who gained super strength from an experiment, everyone has a character they like the most. Maybe they relate to them the most, or maybe they like their personality and powers, students have a character that they connect to the best and like to watch more than anyone.

Stan Lee will forever be remembered for his creations. He has impacted generations and will continue to do so until the end of time. He has changed pop culture incredibly, giving people characters to enjoy watching. His creations have come to life, and will never die. He will be remembered as a legend, as someone who has given people happiness with his creations. He may be gone, but his characters and comics will carry on his legacy for generations to come. May he rest in peace.