Senior of the Month: October

October 16, 2018

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior of the Month: October

Calvin Moore as a drum major.

Calvin Moore as a drum major.

Grafton Band

Calvin Moore as a drum major.

Grafton Band

Grafton Band

Calvin Moore as a drum major.

Out of the 290 seniors in the Grafton High School class of 2019, one is selected every month to be recognized for their outstanding academics and involvement in the school. This month, the senior chosen was Calvin Moore.

He shows great dedication to the school by being involved in seven school clubs. Moore is in TRI-M club as the President, National Honor Society, Mu Alpha Theta, SNHS, SHS, Marching Band as the drum major, and STEM club.

While being busy contributing his time to the multiple school clubs, Calvin Moore uses his free time to tutor other students, teach band lessons, and work at Subway as the Shift Manager. On top of the after school commitments he has to Grafton, Moore pushes himself in his education.

He is currently taking five advanced placement classes this school year. The classes are AP Physics, AP Calculus BC, AP Government, AP Literature & Composition, and AP Spanish. Calvin Moore has a GPA of 4.42, ranking him 21st in his class.

One of Moore’s good friends, Senior Nathan Hass, said, “Calvin embodies Grafton and the Grafton spirit. He is fun and friendly, bringing everyone around him up.”

One college Moore hopes to attend is Virginia Tech because of their math and science programs along with the music program. Moore said, “I found out I had a unique passion for math and science after taking classes at Grafton High School.”

In 10 years Moore sees himself either pursuing higher education, or becoming a naval officer like his father. His ultimate goal is to work at NASA.

After being asked how he felt when he was chosen to be the senior of the month for October, Calvin Moore expressed how he always knew he wanted to earn this award and he felt accomplished. “Hard work and dedication pays off,” Moore said.

About the Contributors
Photo of Maya Hasenfang
Maya Hasenfang, Staff

Maya plays soccer, basketball, and lacrosse for Grafton High School. She enjoys reading and spending time with her friends.