Fall Drama One-Acts

Attiyah Abdul-Alim, Staff

Every year, the drama class has a performance during the fall. The performance this year will be two one-act plays, Crazy Eights and Cut. Last year’s fall performance, was The Miracle Worker by William Gibson.

A one-act play is fairly self-explanatory, they are plays consisting of only one-act. One-acts have one or more scenes and are usually shorter than multiple-act plays. The drama troupe has performed many one-act plays in the past, including Dinner with the MacGuffins by Chris Shepard and The Laundry Girls by Bill Owen.

This fall, the first one-act being performed is Crazy Eights by David Lindsay-Abaire, which centers around a late-night interrogation between a woman, Connie, and her parole officer. The story is complicated even further after an appearance from Connie’s friend.

The second one-act is Cut by Ed Monk, in which actors rehearse a play within a play within a play.  The story takes a turn as the actors forget who their real director things continue to get even more and more confusing.

The auditions for the one-act drama plays were rescheduled from  September 18th, 19th, and 20th due to Hurricane Florence canceling school during the second week of September.

The plays will be performed on November 15th, 16th, and 17th at 7:00 pm in the Grafton High School auditorium. The troupe plans to take one of the one-act plays to competition for VHSL on November 3rd and 1oth.

For more information on one-act play specifics, see Mrs. Kreicar, the troupe director.

About the Writer
Attiyah Abdul-Alim, Staff

Attiyah enjoys procrastinating, reading, writing, and taking naps. Nine times out of ten she has a pair of Crocs on her feet.